As 3D laser scanning has become easier and more affordable, it is now the technology of choice for capturing the existing 3D environment of an asset. LFM Server is the most powerful, open and innovative solution for processing and consuming laser scan data.
LFM Server’s unique approach to managing laser scan ‘pointcloud’ data delivers a one-to-many, enterprise solution allowing project and asset collaboration across multiple stakeholders and applications. LFM’s vision for the future of laser scanning, the Trusted Living Pointcloud, delivers the existing 3D world to your Digital Asset.
The most powerful solution for accessing laser scan data
LFM Server allows organisations to utilise pointcloud data from any of the ever-growing list of capture devices, and then to consume this highly visual and accurate digital environment within CAD software and via company networks or the Internet. The unique handling of data allows an unlimited number of stakeholders to access and collaborate on a single, centralised project using any of the leading CAD applications. The ability to continually scan and update projects and also share intelligence directly within the 3D environment offers never-before-seen possibilities for collaboration across projects and assets alike.
- Access projects of unlimited size and source.
- Integrate with all your engineering and design software.
- Update projects to track changes in the physical world.
- Access and share project and asset intelligence.
Deliver projects and manage assets with unrivalled efficiency
Sitting at the core of our vision for a Trusted Living Pointcloud, LFM Server delivers unequalled technology alongside a pragmatic, process-driven approach to managing laser scan data. The freedom and flexibility it provides to work with the most relevant capture devices and CAD solutions without having to change processes ensures maximum consumption efficiency. The ability to maintain projects, capturing and identifying changes in the real world and to share information alongside these ‘living’ projects enables universal collaboration across many asset stakeholders.
Features and Capabilities
The overhead of maintaining enormous datasets and providing access across multiple teams and applications; being able to trust in the data and the resulting decisions made during consumption; aligning data and projects with existing business practices; and being able to adapt quickly as project requirements change, are some of the many challenges faced by many organisations.
LFM Server is the solution for all of these challenges and many more. A robust core provides unrestricted scalability while the processes built around this offer the flexibility to easily integrate with existing systems and workflows.
- Reduce the cost of capturing as-built information by up to 80% over traditional methods.
- Improve safety and minimise costly shutdowns by reducing the time spent on site.
- Reduce project rework to less than 1% by engineering in an accurate, immersive environment.
- Increase the speed and accuracy of decision making by contextualising information.
- Reduce project timescales during the design and construction phases by up to 80% and 20% respectively.
- Provide a real-world environment across multiple entities for sharing and accessing information.